Monday, November 23, 2009

Elmo, Shoe Boxes, birthdays, turkey, christmas...all in the same WEEK

Its been pretty busy around the Coon house this past week, well week and half almost! This weekend was the only weekend Chris and I had felt like we didn't have anything to do and we were totally OK with that! We felt rested and thankfully Chris's didn't dread going to work the today. We both had got some needed naps, him because he works 12 hour shifts and is fighting a Upper Respiratory Infection and me because i have stayed up a lot the last 4 days with a very unsettled teething baby!!

So last Saturday the 14th Mom and I took Emory and Dax to see "When Elmo Grows Up", and we also took Cason, Emory's best friend and his momma Laura Beth. It wasn't as bad as it thought it was going to be. I'm impressed that both kids were so good the entire time. Cason got to hug Elmo, Zoe, Cookie Monster, and i believe Abby. Emory was not going to get that close, she liked looking and listening to them but she is a lot like me and preferes to just hang back!There are many more pictures but my mom has some and there were to many to choose from!

That evening Chris and I had the Youth coming to the church to fill Operation Christmas Child Shoe Boxes. If you don't know what those are, its an organization that takes filled shoe boxes full of bathroom necessities, coloring books, toys, candy etc, and ships them over seas to children that wont have a Christmas. We did 20 shoe boxes, i shopped for them and the Youth filled them, some how i didn't get pictures of this happening i guess it was because we were to busy trying to get them done. But i did get pictures of the end while we were playing with Dax..hehe

He is so sweet! I love that little face.

Sunday we had Casons birthday party to go to, hes 4! I kept Cason from 8 weeks old till he was a little over 2 yrs old. He was my first child i say, my first little boy. He's Emory's best friend. They have grown up together!This next is called..."How many guys does it take to put a toy track together........?"

Apparently 4!!!! Haha!
This week we did a lot also. I have found a great website thanks to Carla Hutchins its www.kraft.com, its absolutely amazing.I have made 6 recipes so far and none of them have went wrong. they are easy and affordable! They taste really good!


I also tried making Dax and Emory Thanksgiving shirt. Thanks Kathryn Bilberry ! She is the person who gave me the idea. Here is how they turned out!
This is Emory's!
Here is Daxtons!
Pretty Cute i thought!
This weekend we put up most of our Christmas things. We put up our tree and the 2 lonely Christmas Village buildings i have!
The house on the right is a bakery. My parents bought this for me on Wednesday and you will see why!That's right i have a bakery with my Maiden name on it! Yes it came that way! I was so excited!

So there is a little Catch up on what we have been up to i will leave you with some pictures to enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVED reading your blog! You should write more ;) Glad you are using Kraft recipes...Don't you just love how easy and cheap they are? Your kids are absolutely adorable, and they will look super cute in those turkey outfits you made. You did GOOD!

    ReplyDelete