Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Where does time go?

I wish time would stand still sometimes! The days go by so fast and time seems to slip away. Emory is growing up so fast and i feel like im missing so much time with her. Chris found a memory card from one of our old cameras and had some pictures of her on it. They were only 2 yrs old but when your child is 3 and a half thats alot of time.This picture we took while she was suppose to be taking a nap....she had other plans and wanted to look outside.
I cant believe that this was 2 yrs ago. I remember exactly the day we took this picture. Since this picture we have had a birthday, found out i was pregnant with Dax, bought a house, had another birthday, had Baby Dax, and Chris has lost his job twice. Where does time go?
Dax turned 4 months old yesterday. Now is when i want to stop time and just watch him be little. He has his own personality now, he is the most laid back, calm, happiest baby i know. He is total opposite than his sister was.
Emory was a very good baby but she just never seemed occupied, or settled. She never was the cuddle baby, she is her Gammas girl (my momma) and always has been. She thought about smiling but you had to work hard to get one. Shes has always been smarter than me and still is. Shes so smart, i think she is one of the smartest 3yr old i know. Things 4yr olds don't know Emory knows, shes a thinker....she most definitely didn't get that from me! She amazes me and Chris everyday with the things she says and does. Dax on the other hand, he's a momma's boy. I love saying that. He loves people though. Not shy at all. Emory at this stage would think about giving you attention and maybe give it to you if she was in the mood. Daxton will look at you and if you make a funny face or noise, you will get a reaction, most likely a smile! He had been like this since birth. He came out smiling and hasn't stopped. He very rarely cries. If you don't get there in time to fill that empty stomach or needs to be cuddled to go to sleep. Its never a whaling kind of cry but mostly little grunts getting your attention. The only time he has really just cried is the couple days after his shots, we think he would have a bad dream and remember that he was poked and get his feelings hurt. LOL! There is nothing more that i like than taking naps with him or juts cuddling. Like i said Emory never wanted to be cuddled. I think she is too much like me and didn't want any part of it. She does like cuddling but just not with me...mostly her daddy and her Gamma. Dax likes to cuddle with me and my momma when he gets the chance. I haven't really left him a lot. I leave him when i need to with either Chris's parents, my brother and his wife and over night with my mom and dad (which has been twice). I love both of my children very much but they are total opposite, but i didn't want them to be the same, that wouldn't have been very much fun. I say i cant wait till he is running in his sisters room stealing her toys and running down the hall way with his little trucks and cars but i can. I want him to stay small as long as possible, but i cant wait to hear his first words, watch his first steps and watch his little personality grow. I'm sure he will be complete opposite from Emory and I'm sure there will be many fights between them. I think i should start working on our time out chairs! haha! But i guess since we really cant stop time that i better enjoy the time i have with them both now.

O by the way, Dax now weighs in at 18.8lbs and is 26inches long. He's growing like a little weed. He's in 6-9month clothes and size 3 diapers. He's on the same path as his sister(who wears a size 6 girls), even though he is a little shorter than she is growing, boys grow taller later and i'm sure he will catch up! I will be looking UP to both of them soon enough.

This is by far one of my favorite pictures of Emory...im sure i will have one of Dax also!!
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment