Friday, November 6, 2009

Many more Years to come!!

So 5 years ago today Chris and I were married at 2:00pm at Mt.Carmel Baptist Church. The weather was the same as today, sunshine and mid 70's! A bride couldn't ask for a more perfect day. I remember our wedding day like it was yesterday. I remember my bridesmaid taking me to breakfast, then getting my hair done, getting to church to see my girls getting ready, to my mom helping me put on my dress and my father walking in to see me for the first time in my dress. The look on my dads face was priceless. I'm a daddy's girl and probably has and always will be. Before i walked down the isle my dad pulled out a penny that he had found the day we told them we were getting married. it was a very sweet story because Chris and I told my parents, who i know was scared to death because we were so young but also knew that we were meant to be together, they had just wished we would have waited, But anyways while leaving the church that day my dad found this penny heads up with my birth year on it, he took that as a sign that it was going to be OK i guess because on my wedding day he took it out of his pocket and placed it in my clear Cinderella shoe. It was so sweet. I think my dad held on to my hand as long as he could walking down the isle and giving me away. There is a picture of my dad holding my hand and hes gripping so hard his knuckles are white. I cant imagine what goes through fathers mind as he gives his daughter away.One day Chris can try to explain it to me. i can remember making myself laugh so i wouldn't cry during the ceremony and the first kiss as Husband and Wife......Since then my life has never been the same. We have had our good times and our hard times but i cant imagine not going through those with anyone different. Chris is my rock. He's the person i can talk to about anything and EVERYTHING! I thank God everyday for putting him in my life and being a God loving Husband, it makes life so much easier when both of you rely on one person before each other and that's God. God is always first in my life, which thankfully makes me a better wife for my number two person, my husband. Chris and I have being hold hands in our walk with Christ as husband and wife for 5 yrs now, 6yrs as a couple and 7yrs as best friends. I wouldn't be the Christian i am now if Chris was not in my life. I would not have our two beautiful children with out Chris. We are still on a journey in life. God knows our path and we both are ready for what ever he puts in our way, whether it be a mountain, a hill, a boulder, or just a stone, whatever he gives we will move and conquer with only his help and us side by side. I'm in this journey for life and cant wait to see whats ahead. Thank you Chris for 5 wonderful years and 2 perfect children, i cant wait to see what 5, 10, and 20 years has to offer for us. I love you!




1 Corinthians 13:7
-----"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

2 comments: